1999 (age 15)
Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania, United States of America
Student (at Hemlock Grove High School)
Shelley Godfrey is a reanimated child of the Godfrey family. She maintains many demonic features much as her mother had in her youth. Shelley is completely devoted to her brother as he is to her. Though she is mute she does have strong intelligence shown through conversations with her Uncle. She is best described as a gentle giant and is never seen in an immoral light.
Throughout The SeriesEdit
Shelley is a seven foot seven inches tall girl who is simply hard to miss. She dresses in dark colors and always hides a misshapen portion of her face from others. Though she is teased and treated somewhat cruelly by her mother, Shelley remains a very loving person who is quick to warm up to kindness. Her talking tablet is often hanging around her neck though she needs little help in the intelligence department. Her writing is incredibly profound despite the difficulty doing personality.
When she is frightened or touched, usually by her loving brother, her skin will give off an iridescent glow. Her height and name are as some fans might have suspected a direct nod to Mary Shelley's Frankenstein novel. Shelley's resemblance to Frankenstein's Monster "Adam" is intentional. In the second season however, she has changed drastically, becoming much shorter and more human like. She is growing hair and she might even change into looking like a human, her arms and hands are revealed to be charred, blistered and unnatural. It is unknown if her hands and arms will change though.
- Roman Godfrey: Roman is Shelley's older and loving brother. When she is seen being teased in school Roman steps in to defend his younger sister and take revenge on her bullies. He often rubs her cheek which activates her luminescence.
- Olivia Godfrey: Olivia is Shelley's mother, their relationship is rocky and unstable. Olivia is always trying to control Shelley's actions, yet Shelley is always trying to break free and gain independence. In the second season, Olivia starts to actually treat Shelley much more sweetly, like how she treats Roman.
- Peter Rumancek: Peter is friends with Shelley, and shows her affectionate kindness and compassion that many of her schoolmates do not.
- Letha Godfrey: Cousin, Friend
- Jenny Fredericks: Friend
- Prycilla: Friend, sister-like, temporary host body.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
- Enhanced Strength: Shelley was strong enough to lift Roman and her uncle she was also able to rip the vargulf in half with just her bare hands
- Luminescence: When Shelley is feeling strong emotions her face or body begins to glow sometimes when Roman touches her face the place he would touch would begin to glow as well.
- Empathy: Shelley seems to have in-depth knowledge of how others around her are feeling, showing incredible empathetic ability.
- Telekinesis: When angry Shelley has caused objects to shake and lights to flicker.
- Mortality: Shelley does have not a rapid healing factor so she can be killed by any physical harm.
- Shelley is a unisex name that derives from a surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "clearing on a bank" in Old English.
- Godfrey, Shelley's surname is of Anglo-Saxon or Irish origin along with being from the Germanic name Godafrid, which meant "Peace of God" from the Germanic elements God and frid "Peace".
- Shelley might be a subtle reference to Mary Shelley, author of "Frankenstein" - for obvious reasons.